Pages

Feb 15, 2010

How Tina Fey reminds me of my 'old' times


Confidence is 10% hard work and 90% delusion- Tina Fey. 

I couldnt agree more haha.

Being confident is never easy, because people tend to tag along the stupid ego with it.*sigh.

I once participated in a public speaking comp,it was 1999. All form 1 and 2 students were gathered in assembly compound,plus the teachers in-charge lah. They give you random topics, and you discuss it publicly. My topic was "penjajahan di negara kita" and seriously,i puked out all the ideas unaccordingly but still look mannered while doing it. haha. For sure a speech needs to be carried out structurally, but mine itu sangat kelam kabut but funny thing was, all of the students looked adamantly at the teenage girl speaking energetically-over in front of them. Macam gila mengkali sy di depan tu wakaka.

Only now i realize it was my crazy energy,hantam-sajalah-labu kinda ways that brings their affinity toward me,not the contents of my speech haha and maybe that's how i managed to get the 2nd place :D

I won something a year ago, i mean we coz it was a group work and i happened to be the leader of that group keke. One of the exec came to me and choose 3 of students including me to give a short speech in front of the VVIP guests. I am dumbfounded for few mins. Please kill me. 
As i stand in front of the podium, it becomes easy. And the rest is history, good ones :)

Anyone wants to share any related stories? I would love to read. :)

2 comments:

Mas Light said...

Talking about self confidence? I have none. LOL. I think I have none. But I wonder how I manage when I was in high school. I guess I was forcing myself too much then that I didn't have a choice. But now, somehow I prefer kept at the sidelines. I don't like the attention. Heck being in from of a crowd makes me nausea but weird enuff, I manage ;)

Gallivanter said...

Haha! I never though about confidence that way - a delusional matter! I have some form of delusion if that's the case! :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...